Feb 25, 2007

Enjoy the ride

We are traveling by train,
Life is but a stopping place,
We all have different journeys,
Different paths along the way.

For some the journey's quicker,
For some the journey's slow.
We all were meant to learn some things,
but never meant to stay...

"When we reach the station, that will be it!"
We cry. "When I'm 18." "When I buy a new 450sl Mercedes Benz!"
"When I put the last kid through college."
"When I get a promotion." "When I reach retirement,
I shall live happily ever after!"

It isn't the burdens of today that drive men mad.
It is the regrets over yesterday and the fear of tomorrow.
Regret and fear are twin thieves who rob us of today.
Regret is reality, after the facts.

And when the journey finally ends,
We'll claim a great reward,
And find an everlasting peace,
Together with the God...
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You May Like This Also

comments powered by Disqus