Jun 27, 2013

< 21 MEMOS FROM YOUR CHILD >


  • Don't spoil me.
I Know quite well that I ought not to have all that I ask for. Im only testing you.
  • Don't be afraid to be firm with me.    
I prefer it, it makes me feel more secure.
  • Don't make me feel smaller than I am.
It only makes me behave stupidly big.
  • Don't correct me in front of people if you can help it.
I'll take much more notice if you talk quietly with me in private.
  • Don't make me feel my mistakes are sins.
It upsets my sense of values.
  • Don't protect me from consequences.
I need to learn the painful way , sometimes.
  • Don't be too upset when I say, I hate you.
It isn't you I hate but your power to thwart me.
  • Don't take too much notice of my small ailments.
Sometimes they get me the attention I need.
  • Don't nag.
If you do I shall have to protect myself by appearing deaf.
  • Don't forget that I cannot explain myself  as well as I should like.
This is why I am not always very accurate.
  • Don't make rash promises.
Remember that I feel badly let down when promises are broken.
  • Don't tax my honesty too much.
I am easily frightened into telling lies.
  • Don't be inconsistent.
That completely confuses me and makes me lose faith in you.
  • Don't tell me that my fears are silly.
They are terribly real and you can do much to reassure me if you try to understand.
  • Don't put me off when I ask questions.
If you do, you will find that I will stop asking and seek information elsewhere.
  • Don't ever suggest that you are perfect or infallible.
It gives me too great a shock when I discover that you are neither.
  • Don't ever think that it is beneath your dignity to apologise to me.
An honest apology makes me feel surprisingly warm towards you.
  • Don't forget how quickly I am growing up.
It must be very difficult to keep pace with me, but please do try.
  • Don't forget that I love experimenting.
I couldn't get on without it, so please put up with it.
  • Don't forget that I cant thrive without lots of understanding and love.
but I don't need to tell you, do I ?










Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You May Like This Also

comments powered by Disqus