Jun 27, 2013

Mind Bender

The Sheriff of Tinseltown has been murdered. An investigator questions 4 suspects who have not been told anything about the case. He approaches each of them separately, & none of them can hear what the others say. The investigator says to each "The Sheriff was attacked tonight. What can you tell me about this?"

John : I didn't hurt the sheriff, & I wish you would leave me alone.
Melissa : I consider the Sheriff to be a good friend. I would never do anything to hurt him.
Chris : I didn't have anything against the Sheriff , so why are you bothering me?
Paul : I may not like the Sheriff , but I didn't do anything wrong.

Who seems like the most likely suspect, & why?
It is...................

CHRIS.  He says "I DIDN'T have anything against the Sheriff." Why didn't he say DON'T or DO NOT?
Didn't indicates the past tense, which suggests that he knows that the Sheriff is dead, but the investigator only told him that the Sheriff was attacked, not that he is dead. None of the other suspects referred to the Sheriff in this way.




Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You May Like This Also

comments powered by Disqus